A Good Weekend
This past weekend my brother Tyler, his wife Mara, Braeden, Jaxon and I drove down to Arizona to be with my mom. She had brain surgery on the 10th and has had some complications in recovering. But she is now recovering wonderfully well! It was so good to go down and see her. She was very happy to see us all and we had an amazing weekend with her. It was probably one of the sweetest weekends of my life and I am sad that it is over. I wish I was still there but school called and we had to come home. My sister Brittany got there a little before we had to leave and she will be staying with my mom and her friend Christy for the next week. Mom doesn't really like being left alone so it is always better if there can be two people there, then one can go shower and get something to eat while the other stays with mom.
I have the most amazing mother. She is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, person I know. Her strength and determination is helping her so much right now. She is trying so hard to recover. And she loves her family. It was so neat to see how she reacted to all of us coming in. She was so happy to see us all and sad to see us go. It was much too short of a trip. When I was saying goodbye to her, she said "I love you." It was so good to hear that from my mom. I am so proud of her. She really has come so far. It was funny to see how she interacted with the nurses who came in to check on her. She was always much more willing to try and do something one of us kids or Christy asked her to do rather than what the nurse asked her to do. And sometimes I think she was just annoyed by it all. :) I love my mom so much and I am so grateful that she is doing so well now. We are all just waiting for the time when she can go home.
2 comments:
I am glad that you guys all went and that your mom is responding so well. I know how hard it is to leave her. We wish that we could have stayed longer. I love reading how each day she is greatly improving. When we left we weren't sure if she knew we were there. I am so thankful for a large family that supports and loves each other.
Hey Bonnie---
Oh my gosh, I haven't talked to you forever. I hope everything is going well. I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing ok! So, I'm living in Arizona...isn't it so nice? It's always so fun to find old friends through this whole blogging thing!
Post a Comment