Friday, May 7, 2010

We're home!

We are home! It has been a bit of an adjustment for Jaxon, but he is getting used to it. He does better on days when I remember to be good about dividing my time and giving him my undivided attention. Once that habit is in place I think we will be good. Jaxon loves his baby sister though. She is just "baby" to him, but he always wants to hold her or sit next to her.

Chesni is doing great. The last couple nights she has been sleeping 4 or 5 hour stretches between feedings so I am very happy! She makes up for it during the day :) We have her one week check up on Saturday so I will post an update after that. When we left the hospital she weighed 7 lbs 2 oz, so she only lost 7 oz in the hospital. We will see if she has started gaining again on Saturday!

I am recovering quickly. I attribute that mostly to my wonderful sister-in-law Caitlyn who has been staying with us this week! She has been fabulous! I have gotten a nap every day and she takes Chesni for me so that I can actually sleep! I don't know what I am going to do without her after she leaves.

Here are some pictures from our week at home...

My grandma called and told me that her sister, my Aunt Ginger, was in town for the day and wanted to stop by and meet Chesni! I have only seen my Aunt Ginger at weddings for the past few years so I was excited to see her again. She and my Uncle Joe are leaving in October to serve a mission in Kenya!
Here is my grandma with Chesni!

This is how Jaxon likes to hold Chesni. He will climb up onto the couch, pull my boppy onto his lap and ask for "baby!" He loves to point out her ears, eyes (very softly), nose, hands, feet, etc. He is also constantly trying to put her paci in her mouth, if it is there she must want it in her mouth!

Braeden is already getting this multi-tasking thing down! I got up and he had both Chesni and Jaxon on his lap and he was studying! I am trying to learn from his example :)
She has found her thumb a couple times, so sweet!
Yeah, I look terrible, but it is one of the only pictures of me with Chesni.
This girl loves looking around! When she is awake she just wants to look around at this strange world we have brought her into.

Someone loves his baby sister!

4 comments:

One Opinionated Housewife May 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

How wonderful. When will we get to see her?

Bliss' May 10, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

I think she looks a lot more like a Bliss baby than Jaxon does. very cute! your lucky to get any sleep:)

Sharlee May 10, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Bonnie! She is so cute! Now I canm't wait to have mine and see what she looks like... Hope everything is going well! We miss you!

Briley B May 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

She is so PRECIOUS! I love it! Jax is so cute with her...
-Briley