Monday, June 14, 2010

So blessed

I was looking at blogs today and I was looking at a friend of a friends blog. I have met this woman a few times and I was so impressed with her. I haven't looked at her blog in a while, and as I looked at it I immediately started crying. She had been pregnant with her and her husbands first child last I checked and since then she gave birth to a beautiful little stillborn boy. My heart breaks for her and her husband. On days like today when I couldn't stop little Chesni from crying and I lost patience with Jaxon I can't help but think what an undeserving parent I am. I have two sweet, perfect little kids. I haven't ever had any problems with a pregnancy or birth of a child. I feel so incredibly blessed to be entrusted with my sweet children. I love them with all my heart. I am far from a perfect parent, but I will try hard each day to be a better one. I wish I could give those sweet parents their baby. I can only imagine the heartache they have. But knowing what they have been through makes me want to live up to the gift that heavenly Father has given me. It makes me want to treasure every minute I have with my kids. I want to be the very best parent that I can be to my children. I am sure that if that couple had been allowed to keep their precious baby boy they would have been absolutely amazing parents. And I am sure they will be someday.

On a lighter note, we blessed Chesni on June 6th. I am so grateful that Braeden is a worthy priesthood holder and can bless our children. I take such comfort in those sweet blessings. Chesni wore the blessing dress that my mother made for me to be blessed in. It is a beautiful dress and I am so glad that Chesni was able to wear it. Here are some pictures:



Pardon the folded laundry on the couch, the kids are cute! Jaxon loves being close to Chesni. He was so proud when she sat next to him during family devotional!
Tummy time all around! Jaxon always lays down with her when she does tummy time, such a good big brother!
Are you all catching the theme of bruised foreheads? I promise, we do not abuse this kiddo, he just hasn't figured out that he need to watch here he is going! He runs everywhere and trips over ANYTHING that is in his way, or his own feet. I feel blessed that we haven't had anything worse than bruised foreheads! Hopefully it stays that way :) Jaxon is doing fabulously by the way. One of the girls that lives upstairs brought down Alpha bit cereal the other day and got Jaxon to say his entire alphabet! He loves singing the alphabet song as well. He knows the color blue (as of this morning) and he can say the rest of the colors, but isn't quite sure what they mean. He is trying to cut his 2-year-old molars so we have a few more tears than normal, but hopefully they will cut soon and we can get a good long break from teething for him!

4 comments:

McKenna June 14, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Bonnie your kids are so cute! Chesni looked beautiful on her blessing day! I'm pretty sure I know the blog you were referring to and it's made everyone I know feel the way you do, whether or not they have kids. Heavenly Father works in very interesting ways, that's for sure.

Kelsy Thomson June 14, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

Cute kids Bonnie! I would love to get together sometime so our little boys can play. It would be fun!

Brittany Hall June 15, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

I'm so glad that Chesni got to wear your blessing dress! What a sweetie. And Logan is as bruised up as Jaxon is. Yesterday he split his chin falling into (how?) the piano. Love you!

Anonymous June 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Cute! that pic of Chesni sleeping looks so much like Braeden!