We love our neighborhood!!
We seriously live in the coolest neighborhood. Which is good because it
takes FOREVER to go anywhere else :) Okay, so more like 20 minutes,
but we are still so grateful for all the fun the neighborhood provides
us. A couple weekends ago our Saturday went as follows:
A local Boy Scout group comes each year and lets families go canoeing! They had 6 canoe's in the lake and the line went pretty quickly. So first thing we headed to the lake, which is a couple miles from our house. Braeden and Mom took the kid's out on the lake while I stayed safely on the shore. I figured with my current lack of balance and coordination I would be more of a hindrance than a help. Next year... Everyone had a blast and the kids discovered that canoeing isn't so scary, it is actually kind of fun!
After canoeing we went home and decided we needed to make a trip to the pool. Our neighborhood has a big pool and water park right by the lake, and they also have a satellite pool at the top and bottom of the neighborhood. We went to the pool and had an enjoyable swim. Grandma even helped Chesni get brave enough to leave the steps of the pool (with her floaty on of course), and by the time we left she was kicking around on her own! She want from, "I want to hold you!", to "I want to swim!" I need to get a picture, I am so proud of her! And what perfect timing too. Now when the baby comes I will be a little braver about taking the kids to the pool :)
We finished off the night with a free movie on the lawn also put on by our neighborhood. Every other Saturday they play a free movie on a big blow up screen via projector. They have free popcorn and there are other concessions that you can purchase. We have done this a couple times now and the kids love it! The above picture is of Braeden trying to sleep while keeping both kids entertained :) Jaxon was being fairly calm and just laying on Daddy, but Chesni was determined to get him to play with her.
Overall it was a great day! Thanks Rancho Sahuarita! We appreciate all the family friendly things you make available to us!
0 comments:
Post a Comment