Potty training tips anyone?
We spent this week sleep training Chesni and now that she's got that down we need to move onto potty training Jaxon. So much to get done before holiday festivities and vacations! Does anyone have any tips for potty training a 2 1/2 year old boy? Any and all advice would be appreciated. I am soo at a loss here. I was hoping Jaxon would just skip the potty training and go straight to underwear without me having to do anything. Wouldn't that be great!? So much for that idea. Jax loves sitting on the toilet and he will ask to go "pee-pee" but then he just sits there and wants to read books or play with the toilet paper. I am scared to really get it going, but it has to be now or after Christmas and I would like to get it over with.
6 comments:
Your idea for Jaxon is actually what I've done for three of my kids so far. I haven't really had to "potty train." My kids have been so close together, so I just wait until they just do it. I don't know if that helps, but that's what I've "done."
My advice would be to wait until next year! Seriously. I usually wait until they are really ready, and then wait some more. Logan was easy peasy that way. :)
My brother in law taught my nephew to aim and shoot using cheerios in a toilet. :)
Hmm, I think I am liking the idea of waiting. If it really would be easier later I am totally up for that! Thanks for the advice!!
We have tried and tried to potty train Mason, but he seems like he just doesn't want to. We decided to wait until after Halloween, but we will see. We were told when he starts to show an interest, then start the training. We will see. We feel your pain!!
M&M's 2 for pee 4 for poop.....but really don't push the issue. And make sure when he does finally do it no matter how little of often give him a proper potty dance and song. Brooklyn now cheers for us whenever we have gone potty!
Post a Comment