Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We got another one

Yep, that's right folks, another pet. Jaxon was being a little too playful with the rats so we gave them to our upstairs neighbors girls. They love them and give them playful attention that doesn't involve pulling their tails or throwing them. In the rats place we decided we were going to get a cat. Jaxon LOVES cats and they are independent enough that they can run away when he gets too rough and big enough that it is much harder for him to hurt them. He has played with my mother-in-laws cats a ton and we felt pretty comfortable with the idea. The only problem was that both Braeden and I are allergic to cats. So we decided to get a Bengal cat. They are hypoallergenic and they hardly shed at all. I didn't want cat hair everywhere so the later was a must for me. So far Braeden hasn't had any allergy problems and I have. I think my body is adjusting though because my allergies are a lot better then they were a week ago when we got her. So yeah, here's Eva:
If you know anything about Bengals you will be wondering why she doesn't have leopard spots. She is a marbled Bengal (aka, cheaper Bengal). They aren't in demand because they can't be used as show cats. She is super soft and small for a full-grown cat which is good with me.
She loves sunny patches and will stretch out and sleep as long as she can in them. One time I caught her moving to keep up with the sun :)
Jaxon ADORES Eva. She is still getting used to being here and she is a little skittish around Jaxon but she is getting better every day.
Here are me and my kiddo's. Aren't they cute kids? Sometimes I am amazed how fast they keep growing. They are so fun though.
Dad, Breckon, and Briley came up a couple weekends ago to surprise McKenna and we had a fun weekend together. It was the same weekend we brought our cat home and I'm pretty sure Dad and Breckon love the idea of a cat. They were right next to us as we tried to coax her out from under the bed and pet her.

Sorry to the family members who are no doubt disappointed that I caved and we have a cat, but I really don't regret the decision. Jaxon loves her and she is so sweet. Since she is only 2 and Bengals live around 20 years she will be around for a while. I understand more why so many people have pets, especially ones that don't just sit in a cage all day.

In other news Braeden has had 4 job interviews now. We are waiting to hear on 2nd interviews. One we are pretty sure he didn't get, the other 3 are still up in the air. He applies for a job almost every day so hopefully we will have more interviews before the end of the month. I think all the companies come to a decision by end of November and if Bray doesn't get a job by then we try again next semester. Here's to hoping he has one lined up this semester!

0 comments: