This pregnancy has gone by so fast! I can't believe I am already over 35 weeks. I always used to say that I have super easy pregnancies and nothing ever goes wrong. Apparently this child decided to mix it up a little. We started out normally and then at my 20 week ultrasound they told me I had placenta previa. They said no exercise and no lifting (this is just before our 2 moves!) until it resolved and scheduled another ultrasound for 28 weeks. That ultrasound ended up happening just a few days before our cross country move from Georgia to Arizona.
 |
| 20 weeks (I miss my hair!!) | | |
|
 |
| 33 Weeks (I swore I would never take pictures of myself but it seems that is the only way to get any pictures of my pregnancy) |
|
At my 28 week ultrasound they said the placenta had moved all the way up towards the top of my uterus so I was free and clear of any complications. Keep in mind that this time around we have decided to wait and find out what the babies sex is when baby is born, so more ultrasounds are torture!! Once we made it safely to Arizona I found a new OB and went in for my routine appointment. There was some trouble getting the ultrasounds transferred from my other doctor so they decided to do a growth check just to be sure, THANK YOU!!! During the growth check (done at 32 weeks) they found out that baby was now measuring over 2 weeks big, whereas at my 28 week ultrasound baby was about 6 days big, and I have polyhydramnios (a fancy shmancy way of saying I have lots of amniotic fluid). So now I am having weekly NST's and biophysical profiles done on the baby (done by ultrasound). Can I just say how hard it is not to give into the temptation and have them just tell me what I am having already?!! REALLY HARD!! We are struggling with baby names and if we could just narrow it down to boy or girl names it would really help out, but I will be patient...
So far it just looks like I will be delivering baby early, but they are taking it a week at a time right now. As long as the baby stays looking healthy and stable and isn't getting too crazy big we will try to wait until closer to my due date. I am contracting like crazy already so I am hoping I will go into labor on my own and not have to be induced. But it would be really great if baby could wait at least 2 or 3 more weeks so Braeden can get some big projects done at work and ensure that he will be able to take some time off to enjoy our new little one.
1 comments:
You look so cute Bonnie! I miss your little kids but glad you are doing well. Good luck with the baby!
Post a Comment