Updates
Aspen being her cute self
I realize Aspen dominates most posts right now, but she is just so darn cute! I love her fascination with faces. Aspen hit 3 months yesterday. She can follow you across the room with her eyes and she laughs and coos and gurgles. If you sit down near her she tries really hard to get your attention. She is my great sleeper and already weighs over 14 lbs. It is crazy that she is already so close to double her birthweight! They grow so fast. She just gives me the pinches though! As soon as she realizes you are looking at her she gives you a big smile and gurgle. Babies are just so much fun!
I often hear, "Can I hold her mom?" from both Jax and Ches. They just love their baby sister. Chesni has decided it is her personal responsibility to make sure Aspen is happy at all times. If she starts to whine or cry she will go over and talk to her. If that doesn't work she runs over and tells me she is hungry. Chesni is also very determined to dress herself. Only problem is, she really likes bright colors, and wants to wear them even if they don't match at all. To save on arguments I let her dress herself when we are staying home and on those days we have to go out I tell her it is Mommy's choice day. That works, most of the time.
Jaxon has been experimenting with tickling her, and he's a champ! He can get her giggling almost every time he tries. He will tickle her and then call to me to come and watch him make her laugh.
We had our Ward Christmas Party this past weekend and Jax and Ches made their first gingerbread house, and ate it during dinner :)
I think it turned out pretty good. Although most of the decorations ended up eaten before they made it to the house.
Ches giving Aspen a big hug! Aspen wasn't too sure about it...
Fun sibling bath time! They will be embarrassed about this someday but I totally loved playing in the bath with my siblings. We tried all 3 in the bath for the first time last night. The older kids had fun with it for the first few minutes and then they wanted the space to play :) Aspen loved it and spent the whole time kicking, splashing, and watching her siblings.
In other news we have started going stargazing as a family. Here in Sahuarita there are restrictions on street lights because a conservatory is up on one of the mountains surrounding us so you can see the stars really well. After dinner we head out to the park across the street and lay out a blanket. Bray found an app that helps you identify constellations. Braeden and I can now identify 8 or 9 constellations , and Jaxon can pick out Jupiter and Vega. Chesni just looks around and points to random stars. It has been fun to talk about how all these stars are other planets and suns that are really far away, and how Christ created them all. I started telling Jax a little about the mythology that goes along with some of the stars and constellations to keep them entertained a little longer. I need to get a book on it from the library so I can brush up on it a little more.
0 comments:
Post a Comment