Friday, April 26, 2013

February California Trip

 In late February Mom, the kids and I took a quick trip to California for my cousins funeral. It was a wonderful service and I was glad to be close enough to go and support my Aunt and Uncle and the rest of my family. It had been a long time since I had seen many of them. It was the first time any of them including my grandparents had a chance to meet Aspen. Sadly Aspen was a bit cranky and didn't give Grandma any good snuggle time :(

Love you Grandma and Grandpa!! The kids wouldn't slow down long enough for a picture :)

Bryon was a beast and pushed that stroller up the whole way!
Chesni and Ethne "fishing"
 We stayed with my brother Bryon and his family and had so much fun catching up with them! We hiked Etiwanda Falls and the kids were champs! Especially Chesni, that girl hiked most of the way! Jaxon had a tougher time of it, but he tried to keep up with his cousin Jaron for the first while.
 This was a rather scary part of the falls that the kids really wanted to hike down. Bryon was awesome and helped the kids and Mom hike down a ways.
 Hannah was a champ and climbed up a super steep rock wall with her dad's help. I was super impressed! She is fearless!
 Jaxon pulling one of his silly faces, he thought this big rock was super cool! He could see forever!
 Jax and Ches tell me often that our backyard isn't nearly as cool as their cousins, I think these electric cars had something to do with it :) The girls were so cute driving them! Hopefully Chesni is a little less reckless when she drives a real car.
 Bryon and I loaded up the kids and took them to an asian market to pick up supplies for the Chinese Feast Bryon made for dinner. It was amazing!! I am feeling withdrawals, I need to make yummy Chinese food!
 The kids loved the asian market, and these cones were super fun!
They did this all on their own! They are lined up according to age, poor Hannah was holding on for all she was worth while we grabbed the cameras!

Thanks for letting us come and stay Bryon and Rebecca!! We had a great trip!

0 comments: