Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Timp Caves




Here are some pictures from when we went to the Timp Caves when Braeden's Dad came to visit.  We hiked up the mountain for a while (1 1/2 miles and 1100 ft of elevation!) and then we got to go into the caves!!  It was only 45 degrees in the caves which was really nice after the 100+ degree hike up the mountain.  I never new it but I guess the Timp Caves are pretty famous for some cool rock formations we have.  They are the really curvy ones in the close up shot.  A scientific phenomenon which cannot be explained, no one knows how they curve instead of just going straight down like a soda straw.  These silly rocks defying gravity.  




4 comments:

Bliss' July 24, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Welcome to the world blogging. Be prepared to become addicted. I got my background for cutestblogontheblock.com They have thousands of templates and they are really easy to install.

Walking in a Hayes July 24, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

Thank you!! I will have to go check it out! Mine is too boring...

Benson Fam July 24, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

You did it! And now I'm kicking myself that I never did that hike during my four years living in Provo! Can I request some recent pictures of Jaxon? I know I saw him a week and a half ago but at this age they change almost hourly! I'll post a slideshow of my river trip pictures someday soon because I got some cute pics of the famola!

Brittany Hall July 24, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

Silly rocks! You're so cute. I missing seeing you and the mini-braeden. And the big Braeden too! Love the pics!