Gardening
All growing up we had a garden that we had to work in each day. I have so many memories of weeding together and joking about the tans/burns we were going to get and listening to musicals and singing at the top of our lungs. Pretty sure our neighbors thought we were nuts! Fun times in the garden! I also have many memories of eating fabulous food out of our garden. When I moved to college my dad made me a 2'x2' square foot garden so that I could have a portable garden while stuck in an apartment. Like the good gardener I am I promptly put that garden box in my closet and forgot about it. It came with me when Braeden and I got married and it has moved across the country with us. Finally, this year I told myself that no matter how late I was, I was going to plant that puppy! There has always been a great excuse not to plant it, my babies both being due in May, living with and caring for an elderly woman who didn't leave me much time to garden, moving from Utah to Georgia... but this was going to be my year! So I did it! My brother Breckon came into town a few weeks ago and one of the first things on our list was to plant my garden! Well, he really just got roped into it, but he made the best of it and we planted! It has been 3 weeks now and I need to take another picture. The tomato plant has blossoms all over it and the beans are as tall as the tomato plant!! Sadly, the lettuce doesn't look much different. I was hoping it would still grow since it is in the shade but lettuce doesn't like heat, shade or no shade. We'll keep hoping to grows, but if not we will at least get some good tomatoes and beans out of our garden!!Newly planted!
After 1 week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment