Friday, April 13, 2012

The Best of Friends

I have the sweetest kids ever. Over the last few months they have really started to enjoy spending time playing together and they are almost inseparable. During Chesni's naptime Jaxon has a quiet playtime in his room and a few times a week he asks if Chesni can come play with him instead of taking a nap, sweet boy. They are also very helpful. Jaxon has been doing chores for over a year now and Chesni helps with them all. They help me empty the dishwasher and rinse dishes, clear their dishes from the table, they clean their room (with some help if it has gotten too messy), they help me with laundry by folding the socks and washcloths (this one is often more of a challenge than a help but they are learning). They love being involved in the things I do. And they love being helpful, Chesni especially. She will go and get you pretty much anything you ask her to and she will try to do any tasks you send her to do. Jaxon takes slight advantage of this, sending her to grab toys for him, but sometimes it backfires on him when Ches decides she wants to play with the toy instead of give it to him, oops! But I love how eager they are to help when I ask them. We lucked out getting such helpful and sweet kids!
We have been packing up boxes for our move this week and the kids love all the new spaces to play in!
Jaxon giving Chesni a ride on his bike. They both got sunglasses from the Easter Bunny and they wear them almost constantly. It is so funny to me to see the toys that become their favorites.
We go to the library almost every week to get new books for the kids to read and I love it when I find them like this. After I've read them to him 3 or 4 times he can remember the basic story and tell it to Chesni.
More fun on the boxes!! Jaxon has taught Chesni how to play hide and seek (she is surprisingly good at it and can count to 10 already!) and I can picture lots of new hiding spots for their games among the boxes.

1 comments:

Sharlee April 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM  

'Kay, wait. Where are you moving to now?