Friday, April 13, 2012

Jaxon

I apologize for the deluge of posts! I needed to get all caught up so I can get back to regularly posting! I will try to keep up with things from now on. Oh, and we also took a trip to Utah last month and spent all but 2 days with food poisoning (nasty!), so no pictures there, sorry!

Jaxon is my silly boy who is constantly asking "why?" and trying to talk himself into, or out of, things. This guy definitely keeps me on my toes! Answering all his questions is a full-time job in and of itself! He is really sweet and loves to snuggle up on your lap and have you scratch his back.

Jaxon is my picky eater and some days I think he lives off PB&J sandwiches. He does pretty well with breakfast foods and if lunch is a sandwich, mac and cheese, or a cheese quesadilla we are good. Dinner is always a struggle. I try to serve lots of sides that I know he likes to help him down the required 3 bites of the main dish. He is getting better, after 6 months or so of having to try 3 bites he is figuring out that whining and throwing fits about it doesn't do much good. Maybe in another 6 months we will be past the whining completely and he will happily sit down to eat his dinner! I can always hope, right?
Here he is all decked out for cleaning up some trash (see post below)!
And here is a good smile picture! He normally gives me a crazy smiley face when I tell him I'm taking a picture but I caught him laughing at his own silly face this time, yay! Jaxon loves to make people laugh and he loves playing with friends. He asks me every day if we can play with friends and our 2 or 3 playdates a week never seem to be enough. Luckily, Chesni is getting more and more fun to play with so he is okay with playing with her instead of having his other friends come over every day :) I love that they play happily together now!!

Jaxon and I have been doing school for about 6 months, sporadically I will admit, but we are trying. He is learning more and more of his letters and can write a couple of them. His interests are more along the lines of how things work and why things are the way they are right now so we spend a lot of time reading about and looking at pictures of things that interest him. It is fun to see him get excited about learning something new. I hope to have more structured school time with him each day after we move and settle into our new house with my mom.

2 comments:

Rachel Warner April 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM  

Great to see some updates on you guys! Your family is getting cuter and cuter :) I miss you!

Kelsy Thomson April 13, 2012 at 3:18 PM  

We are going through the same thing with my Mason (4 year old) with dinner. I know he likes more than he says, he just looks at it and decides he doesn't like it. All the books that we have read all say that it is a definite boy stage, and he will get over it. So here is hoping for our two boys! Its so frustrating, huh! Your kids are just adorable. Keep your posts coming. love reading them!